Frequently Asked Questions
Below we have compiled a list of all the questions we are asked on a daily basis - hopefully this will tempt you to get in contact with us!
- The demand for our services is always high between October and April each year so early booking is advisable to ensure that your machinery gets onto our list so that it is back with you in good time for the first cut of spring.
- Collection is available for lawnmowers and garden tractors at a small extra charge within the local area. Alternatively you can bring your mower to us at Garden Kit Ltd, Unit 2, The Old Sawmills, Colaton Raleigh, EX10 0HP.
Choosing the correct Ride On Mower, Lawn Tractor or Rider is more involved than you may think, but it is important to get it right at the outset rather than end up with the wrong machine. It is virtually impossible to advise on-line, but we can offer some though prevoking questions. If you intend to call us, or visit us to seek our advice, then we will need the answers to these questions.
- How much grass do you have to cut? Many people know the total area of their plot and use this figure. But invariably the actual area is much less as they forget to subtract the area of the house, outbuidings and paved areas.
- Do you wish to collect the grass clippings? Many answer yes to this questiion merely because they are unaware of the options offered by mulching mowers.
- Do you have any width restrictions, such as gateways, paths or shed doors?
- Is you terrain rough or smooth (lawn or paddock)? It is important to choose a machine that can cope with the challenges of cutting both terrains.
- Is the ground sloping? and if so, by how much? now I appreciate that it is difficult to gauge a slope, bnut nevertheless, it is important for us to ensure that the chosen machine is safe to use on your terrain.
- How frequently do you intend to cut the grass? For instance, do you want to keep it short and looking like a lawn all the time? Or maybe you are content to let the grass for a few weeks and then hit it hard.
- How much did you have in mind to spend on your mowing machine?
If you have the answers to these questions in mind when we speak it will be much easier to help with your choice of Ride On Mower. We want to see you with exactly the right machine. One that fits you, the garden and your pocket.
The answer to this is quite involved and I have covered it on another page. Click on this button to view.
The answer is most definately 'YES'. Click this link to find out more about this subject.
There are very many reasons for your strimmer not to start ( or any other small petrol engine), but by far the most common cause is stale fuel. I have written a detailed answer on another page, this link will take you there.
I hope this helps.